Below is a semi-annotated list of other publications I’ve worked on; my academia.edu profile can be found here.
University of Michigan
- Gold, D., Garcia, M., Knutson, A.V. (Under review). Going public in an age of digital anxiety: How students negotiate the topoi of online writing environments.
- Keywords: digital rhetoric, composition pedagogy, public writing, social media
- Schiavone, A., & Knutson, A.V. (2017). Pedagogy at the crossroads: Instructor identity, social class consciousness, and reflective teaching practice. In W. H. Thelin, & G. Carter (Eds.), Class in the composition classroom: Pedagogy and the working class. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press.
- Keywords: professional development, socioeconomic status, first-generation college students, teacher reflections, reflection, narrative writing
Sweetland Center for Writing, University of Michigan
At the University of Michigan, I served as a Graduate Student Research Assistant in the Sweetland Center for Writing research team from 2014-2017. In this position, I worked on the following research projects:
- Gere, A.R., Knutson, A.V., Limlamai, N., McCarty, R., Wilson, E. (Under review). A tale of two writing prompts: New perspectives on writing-to-learn assignments.
- Keywords: writing assignments, writing-to-learn, WAC/WID
- Gere, A.R., Knutson, A.V., & McCarty, R. (Forthcoming). Rewriting disciplines: STEM students’ longitudinal approaches to writing in (and across) the disciplines.
- Keywords: writing development, STEM writing, WAC/WID
- Knutson, A.V. (Forthcoming). Grace: A case study of resourcefulness and resilience. In A.R. Gere (Ed.), Developing writers: A longitudinal study.
- Keywords: learning transfer, writing development, learning dispositions, self-efficacy, growth mindset, longitudinal study
- Gere, A.R., Hutton, E., Keating, B., Knutson, A.V., Silver, N.E., & Toth, C.M. (2017). Mutual adjustments: Learning from and responding to transfer student writers. College English, 79(4), 333-357.
- Keywords: transfer students, transfer transition, writing program administration
eComposition, University of New Mexico
At the University of New Mexico, I collaborated with Professors Tiffany and Andrew Bourelle and others on the following research projects related to the development of an online, multimodal writing program called eComposition:
- Davila, B., Bourelle, T., Bourelle, A., & Knutson, A.V. (2017). Linguistic diversity in online writing classes. WPA: Writing Program Administration, 41(1), 60-81.
- Keywords: linguistic diversity, writing assessment, program assessment, portfolio assessment, online writing instruction
- Bourelle, A., Bourelle, T., Knutson, A.V., & Spong, S. (2016). Sites of multimodal literacy: Comparing student learning in online and face-to-face environments. Computers and Composition, 39.
- Keywords: writing assessment, program assessment, portfolio assessment, online writing instruction
- Bourelle, T., Bourelle, A., Spong, S., Knutson, A.V., Howland-Davis, E., & Kubasek, N. (2015). Reflections in online writing instruction: Pathways to professional development. Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy, 20(1).
- Keywords: professional development, online writing instruction, teacher reflections